ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

NNMi and NA SSL integration: only working one-way

Both trusts *seem* to be right -- and I am using the FQDN's for both the NNMi host, and the NA host, and verified that the NNMi user credentials work for login -- the integration works insecure but when I enter credentials after checking the NNMi SSL box, I get the following:

NA integration configuration update failed.

Error: Unable to save configuration. Check credentials for NNM.

On NA SSL is working fine.  I configured NNM's trust to contain the NA certificate, the same as I'd done for NA's trust, and it works.

I am at version 2018.11 for NNM and NA.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Check in the logs may be more relevant information.
Although a different version but it shows some details about cert exchange
etc.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2020.08/IntegrateNNMiwithNA

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I really didn't know what to look for when I reviewed the nnm.log.  I compared configurations with another instance we have, and set up the trust to look like that one -- maybe I need to review the documentation -- it may be in there, and I misunderstood - but to allow SSL to work by checking off the upper check box, in two instances the NA CA-signed cert were not needed -- I needed to add the NNM CA-signed cert to itself -- apparently NNM wasn't trusting itself...  After I added it, I was able to successfully submit the integration form with both SSL checkboxes checked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.