Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

NNMi authentication through F5 and OAM?

Jump to solution

I am not fully up to speed on this yet so I am only asking in general terms and appologies if this doesn't make sense.

Can NNMi be setup to use Oracle Access Manager for authentication and if so can you point me to

some reading material on the subject?

From what I have read so far,  I am assuming it would need to go through an F5 if even possible.

Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi authentication through F5 and OAM?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

NNMi only supports the following scenarios for User authentication:

1) Its own internal user/group configuration
2) Integration with LDAP ( and Active Directory ) servers, either just user password or user and group configurations
3) PKI ( user CA certificate ) which is then normally combined with LDAP integration

Hope this helps

Dall the best

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello iamnoone

Thanks for posting

I did a research about your request and I did not find any information related to OAM and NNM. NNM as you may know can be configured to use oracle instead postgres DB.

I will look more about this and if there is o data maybe we can create an ER for this.

Regards ,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

NNMi only supports the following scenarios for User authentication:

1) Its own internal user/group configuration
2) Integration with LDAP ( and Active Directory ) servers, either just user password or user and group configurations
3) PKI ( user CA certificate ) which is then normally combined with LDAP integration

Hope this helps

Dall the best

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks to those who replied!!  I am in the curiosity stage so all input is helpfull.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.