Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

NNMi events to OMi

Hi experts,

Please advise.

i have OMi intergration to NNMi via ops connector we are reciving the events however the events are taking rather long to show up in OMi event dashbord.

NNMi logs the events in real time however OMi is only reciving the events hours later please assist.

regards.

Shane. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi events to OMi

Hi Shane,

You don't say how you are forwarding the events but I am assuming it is ether using the OM northbound or the generic northbound integration forms.   If the events are appearing in NNMi in real time then I would suggest tracing the class com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound  where you should be able to see the events being processed by northbound.   If you look for messages:

2018-05-21 09:56:26.448 FINE  [com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im.transport.impl.UdpTransporterImpl] (Thread-80 (group:HornetQ-client-global-threads-19562109)) Sending a UDP packet with: 1070 bytes to <remote host>/<ip>:5162.

you can see the packet in a previous trace entry and this will help to show when the trap left Northbound. 
Also search for the word "queue" using case insensitive and you will find trace entries showing the northbound queue and how it is being processed and how long it is  e.g.

2018-05-24 09:17:51.186 FINEST [com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im.ejb.transport.SequencerBean] (pool-1-thread-39) Started processing the events queue with sequence# 1 and lastReleasedSequence# 0
2018-05-24 09:17:51.186 FINEST [com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im.ejb.transport.SequencerBean] (pool-1-thread-39) Q[[1, 2, 3]]
2018-05-24 09:17:51.186 FINEST [com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im.ejb.transport.SequencerBean] (pool-1-thread-39) Releasing=> [1, 2, 3]
2018-05-24 09:17:51.186 FINEST [com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im.ejb.transport.SequencerBean] (pool-1-thread-39) Q[[]]

here you can see the queue built up to 3 and then was processed.  If there is a problem in your system with a large queue being the cause of the delay you should be able to see it here.

If the problem is not within NNMi then you will need to turn your attention to the OM connector and take things from there.   Do open a support case with us if you need help with the investigation.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: NNMi events to OMi

Hi, Shane

is  Ops connector runing on NNMi node?   What is connector's communicaiton to OMi status ? Could it be that it is flapping up /down (and buffering alams at conenctor side) ? What is  NNMi alam "Time Received" and "TIme created"  on in  OMi ?

Are alams from other sources (agents, connectors) also delaying in OMi evnent dashboard? You can deploy opcmsg policy and run "opcmsg" on Connector and OMi server and test arrival time?
What are queues sizes (count vs deliveing)  in the output of C:\HPBSM\opr\support\opr-jmsUtil.bat . 

Look into Event Channel statistics:
opr-support-utils.bat -reset
opr-support-utils.bat -gr >  pipeline.txt
Look for  high "Avg time per message" values. Note: EventPipeline" means the total processing time for the event.

my 2 cents,

Ggedas

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.