Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Tamiz Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

NNMi is not receiving traps for particular host

Hello Folks,

i have nnmi 10.21, where i am using it for trap receiver in our network environment. the strange think i notice is i dont receive traps for particular oid. Which was working good earlier. system oid is..1.3.6.1.4.1.1.149

when i checked following

1. Firewall Block >> No Firewall found

2.Genreated tcp dump @source >> seen snmp traps are emitted

3. Genreated tcpdump @NNMI >> No snmp trap packets foune

4. Check trap services > trapconfig >> it is too working

5. checked the event in enable in snmp trap configuration >> it is configured

6 checked trapconf blockDumpList >>> Events do not matched

7. checked any suppression enabled on the configured trap >> no such think found

i see packtes are passing at the firewall, i do not know where i need to look more to resolve the event.

is ther any way nnmi can block the even or alert that coming in for the particular oid's ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: NNMi is not receiving traps for particular host

Hello,

You can check if NNMi already have the MIB for this trap, also you can try doing a node rediscovery to check if NNMi get the information, this because checking the one of our environments we I cannot find the OID needed for this trap.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,
Freiser Herrera
Customer NNMi Support
0 Likes
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi is not receiving traps for particular host

The point to be noted is,

Genreated tcpdump @NNMI >> No snmp trap packets found

Are you sure SNMP trap OID is not coming when you run tcpdump in NNMi server.

Is this happening for all SNMP traps or only for specific one's.

Is this happening for only few devices or all devices configured in NNMi.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.