Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NNMi node components

Jump to solution

Not showing node components in one of our new added nodes. node vendor is brocadeSwitch fiber switch.

Plz help me to resolve this issue

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NNMi node components

Jump to solution

Submit an enhancement request (ER) for that device.  Support will supply you with a utility to gather a detailed snmp walk for that device. If there's enough requests for adding that device to support it should be added via a future patch or release.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Have you checked to see if it is on the supported devices list?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
SAN24B-4 Express	Brocade 300   this the model number .can u plz check it this device is support my nnm9.01 patch5 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Here is the link to the 9.0 NNMi Device Support Matrix:

http://sg-pro-ovweb.austin.hp.com/nnm/NNM9.00/devicematrix.htm

As mentioned on the link:

If a specific device model is not explicitly listed in Supported Devices, refer to Supported SNMP MIBs to determine whether you can expect the device to be properly discovered and monitored. For example, many devices that implement the Standard SNMP MIBs or are a new device model in an already supported product line are managed perfectly well by NNMi, even though that model is not yet listed here. To request that HP validate or add support for a specific device model, contact your HP support representative to provide the necessary information.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

thanks

i my device is not listed in support Mib file.

plz let me know what is the next step for this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Submit an enhancement request (ER) for that device.  Support will supply you with a utility to gather a detailed snmp walk for that device. If there's enough requests for adding that device to support it should be added via a future patch or release.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

in the meantime, if there is something critical about those device(s) that you need to poll, take a look at the administrative reference PDF about "custom poller". its primary purpose is to look at NUMERICAL values, but some device features might be reported as integers (zero for down, 1 for up and so forth) so in theory you could use custom poller to detect that. You do need to know your way around mib trees in order to use it, but it is part of your NNM9i base license. best used with 9.01 or later point releases.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.