Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Contributor.. nareshkumarg Contributor..
Contributor..

NNMi stops executing actions against NNMi incidents

Hi All,

We have configured NNMi actions against incident raised for SNMP and Event management incident. It was working fine but now it stops working. I have to restart nnmi action services to the action to work again. It will run for few hours and again it stops. I have checked the incidentactions0.0.log and I dont see any errors. I have raised the file size from 100KB t0 100MB as well the file count from 5 to 10, still it is not helping. Can some one help me on this issue.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
1 Reply
Regular Contributor.. morenosc Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: NNMi stops executing actions against NNMi incidents

Hello nareshkumarg.

I'm facing the same problem since a few weeks ago. I have raised a support ticket (stills open) and now a level 3 engineer it's helping me to fix it.
We had made some configurations changes that helped a lot to improve the situation. That changes were on the nnmaction.properties, please take a look to it.
Also you can try to increase the log level for the incidentactions0.0.log to have more information about the error, it could be edited in the nnmaction.logging.properties file in the com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.level parameter, you can set FINEST and you can increase the values of the following two parameters:
com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.EventActionsFileHandler.count
com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.EventActionsFileHandler.limit

By the way, a temporary workaround we applied was a windows task schedule that runs each 1-2 minutes a service status check and if it detects that the NNM Action service is down, it tries to get it back up.

If we reach a definitive solution I will try let you know as soon as we have it.

Hope this helps you!

Regards.
Oscar Moreno.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.