Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

NNMi traps receiving with IP address its dns not resolution

Hi,

we have setup NNMi as a trap receiver , other than nnmi managed nodes we are receving traps for the nodes which are not added in NNMi.

so my question is i wanted to see its host name but i dont wanted to consume the license at the same time in NNMi. how can i make nnmi to resolve the lookup or dns names for the host that recived which not added in NNMi.

Please assist.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi traps receiving with IP address its dns not resolution

Hi Tamiz,

An enhancement request was logged for this capability back in NNMi 9.1 but was closed with an indication that this was not going to be implemented.  You are very welcome to log a new "IDEA" request to have it reviewed for the 10.x product, but at this time the IP address will not be resolved to the DNS name for a node that is not in the database.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: NNMi traps receiving with IP address its dns not resolution

Hi Dave, Thank you,, i just have one more question, is it possible to look for /etc/hosts ? if i update /etc/hosts/entries any chance will am able to see the devices name in traps node field ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.