Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNMi9.10: How to disable the auto-acknowledgement of events from NNMi alarm browser?

Hello,

How do you disable NNMi auto-acknowldgement feature in NNMi 9.10 to keep it from acknowleding the events in NNMi and in OM?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
0 Likes
6 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

(I'm assuming you're talking about the auto-acknowledgement that happens when say a node goes down, then comes back online).

What are you hoping to achieve here? 

Remember that NNMi is trying to give you an "active state" view of the network. If you don't acknowledge those events that are no longer active/relevant, how will you be able to sort through your list of events and work out which ones actually require attention? If you want to do a service dashboard in OMi, then generally you want to know about the current service status - you don't want to see a list of things that have happened in the past.

Sometimes you do need to do investigation to see all events that have happened - you can see this in the "All Incidents" view, which displays current, and acknowledged events. Does that give you the info you need?

Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'd agree as well that this isnt what you really would want to do, but its simple to disable.

Go to the configuration workspace, incidents, pairwise and disable every item in that list.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
Absent Member..

Hello Northlandboy and AndyKemp,

All of our NNMi events go to OM console. Out NOC monitors these events and works those events based on set criteria.

We don't want NNMi to acknowledge the events, when the NOC needs to investigate the issue first, etc. We want them to acknowledge the event manually and update tickets pertaining to that event once they arrive in OM.

Does the disablement in NNMi in last post from AndyKemp, disable the auto-acknowledgement of NNMi events and ones forwarded to OM via the Northbound interface configuration?

We don't want any events auto-acknowledged in NNMi to OM.

Thanks.

Tex2020
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I can't remember if you can still do it, but you used to be able to configure OM to disable automatic acknowledgement on a system-wide basis. This would apply to all events received in OM.

You could also go through your SNMP trap interceptor policies assigned to the NNMi server, and change the message correlation settings on them.

Absent Member..

We are going to disable the "acknowledgement" action in each of the NNMi trap policies in OM to keep the events in OM from being auto-acknowledged. We only want the ones forwarded from NNMi to OM to not be auto-acknowledged in OM.

Thanks.

Tex2020
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We've got that integration running as well but also have the NNMI pariwise running. To get it to work as you want its just a matter of forwarding the clearing events as well as the error events. Dont make OM do all the heavy lifting, its not made to be a manager of managers.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.