Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Steinar Saugsta1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

NPS - Not able to install on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.x due to missing libraries

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to install NPS on RedHat Enterprise Linux Server 7.x.
Required libs are manually instaled, but still some issues related to this.
The installation fails saying there are missing libraries, see below:

[root@nnm002 tmp]# more PerfSPI_AppCheckReqdLibs.sh.txt
=========================
Thu 4 May 11:07:21 UTC 2017
-------------------------
INFO: Run the following command(s), or otherwise install or update the identified libraries before re-running the installer
INFO: #yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i686 openmotif.i686 openmotif.x86_64
FATAL ERROR: (Logfile /var/tmp/PerfSPI_AppCheckReqdLibs.sh.txt)

Tried to run the yum install on the missing libs, got the following:

[root@nnm002 tmp]# yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i686 openmotif.i686 openmotif.x86_64
Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
No package compat-libstdc++-296.i686 available.
No package openmotif.i686 available.
No package openmotif.x86_64 available.
Error: Nothing to do

Have talked to the LINUX admin, and he says the libs are not available for Linux 7.

See also the following URL:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/19458

Br.
Steinar S.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: NPS - Not able to install on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.x due to missing libraries

Jump to solution

The issue is solved, got a HotFix from support,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NPS - Not able to install on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.x due to missing libraries

Jump to solution

Hello Steiner S,

please check the log files in /var/tmp. There is one fo rthe required libs and it should contain the missing one.

--

Have to change my answer as you have already found that log file. As far as I remember for RHEL I have installed the required libs from the RHEL installation DVD. The Interactive Installation and Upgrade Guide contains a list of the required libs. The LINUX admin should be able to get and install them (perhaps using CentOS repos).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

The issue is solved, got a HotFix from support,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.