Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NPS error ASECONTENTSERVER

Hi folks

I've started receiving the following error from the NPS ASE DB server. I noticed this during a failed backup.

Msg 840, Level 17, State 2:
Server 'ASECONTENTSERVER', Line 2:
Device 'device1' (with physical name
'D:\ProgramData\HP\HPBTOS~1\NNMPerformanceSPI\contentstore\data\device1.dat',
and virtual device number 4) has not been correctly activated at startup time.
Please contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role.

Is there a way to fix this or should I start from scratch?

Thanks

-LB

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: NPS error ASECONTENTSERVER

Hi Labuss,

I looked at the error and there's a possibility that although the ASE server is running it is not reachable.

It is actually unable to find the file 'D:\ProgramData\HP\HPBTOS~1\NNMPerformanceSPI\contentstore\data\device1.dat' so I would firstly recommend to check your system to see if perhaps the file is still there but became unreadable for some reason or such.

I suspect that if you create the file from the command prompt you will be able to restart the ASE server succesfully with something like:

stopCS.ovpl

cd D:\ProgramData\HP\HPBTOS~1\NNMPerformanceSPI\contentstore\data\

type nul > device1.dat

startCS.ovpl 

After creating the file ASE may be able to start and allow you to backup your data but, I would strongly suggest to make sure there isn't a backup of that file on the system somwewhere beforehand and if you follow the steps to recreate the file check the system to see if any configuration data was lost and if so, submit a support ticket to investigate if it can be recovered.

Regards,

Rafa

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.