Tamiz Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

NPS : have the capability to have fail over concept across the region with different subnet ?

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

i am looking for NPS failover for NNMi failover setup, which is across the region and different IP segments, considering the scenario, does it capable to setup such failover environment when NNMi is in failover setup. please advise.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NPS : have the capability to have fail over concept across the region with different subnet ?

Jump to solution

Hello bebu,

HA for NPS only support a Cluster solution (no ALF support for NPS itself).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Chinoo Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: NPS : have the capability to have fail over concept across the region with different subnet ?

Jump to solution

Technically there should be no problem as long as they are in same domain and the necessary communication between them isn't blocked.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Does this mean, will i have one nps software installed on the dedicated system ( 2 NNMi (Failover) - 1 NPS) and pointed to active-standby nnmi ?

or does NPS have the capabilty to support active standby on seperate installations on the active nnmi server and failover nnmi servers (2 NNMi (failover) - 2 NPS (resides each nnmi)).

Please advise.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello bebu,

my understanding is that you have to install an separate NPS system on each regional ALF NNMi installation. The NPS initial connects to the current active NNMi system and (after following the instructions for an ALF NPS setup) it failsover to the secondary. I am not sure if a global NPS connecting to the global NNMi ALF environment would work (in the meaning of getting all performance data) - I think this should work, but I cannot confirm this currently.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, at present i have manual fail over enabled nnmi. 9.20 version, i would like to introduce nps for it it, but i wanted to know wheather NPS too supports fail-over, if one of nps goes down then i would like to have another nps to reach the primary NNMi. is that possible ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello bebu,

HA for NPS only support a Cluster solution (no ALF support for NPS itself).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.