Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. BastiBr Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NPS: iSPI Performance: ERROR: Auth. issue! & Connection issue!

Hello,

my problem is that I can't work with the NPS anymore. When I select a device and then click on "Actions"->"Reporting-Report Menu" I get the error messages attached. The NPS worked before... any ideas?

System:

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

System Information: HP Network Node Manager i Software 9.10,9.11.002

HP NNMi and NPS running on the same machine.

0 Likes
5 Replies
LindsayHill Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NPS: iSPI Performance: ERROR: Auth. issue! & Connection issue!

Because you've obscured the name in the screenshot, I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you're connecting to NNMi using either an IP, or a short DNS name. Try connecting to NNMi using the FQDN, and then launching iSPI - does that work?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AKUK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Try logging out of NNMi then try to launch NPS UI directly from Start => All Programs => HP => NNM iSPI Performance => Report Menu.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello northlandboy,

I'm connecting to NNMi using the FQDN..... I thought I do that... but it was the short DNS name (got a new workstation and I'm still setting it up).

So you are right...

Thanks for your reply!

and sorry for not to see the wood for the trees.

Basti

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello AbdullahKamal,

thanks for your reply.

Launching NPS UI directly from Start => All Programs => HP => NNM iSPI Performance => Report Menu worked.

It was my fault that I was not able to run the report menu out of the NNMi.

Basti

0 Likes
LindsayHill Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Good to hear that it is working now. 

I think it's a weakness of the products, that something that is marketed as "tightly integrated" actually turns out to be pretty loosely integrated, and relies on things like you using the FQDN, and doesn't give you much in the way of useful error messages.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.