Thomas Buergi Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

New licensing NNMi Ultimate vs Premium

Jump to solution

Hello all

Does sombody know details about the new NNMi licensing structure. What's the difference between Ultimate and Premium.

How to migrate the Advanced Edition in one of the new licenses.

Didn't find any information on the net.

Cheers Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: New licensing NNMi Ultimate vs Premium

Jump to solution

Hello Thomas,

In addtiion to this, concerning NNMi Premium Edition, this includes NNMi Advanced and the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration. NNMi Advanced, in addition to network topology discovery, fault and availability monitoring, and root cause analysis, also includes port aggregation monitoring, global network management, router redundancy monitoring, and IPv6 support.

NNMi Ultimate Edition includes all of the capabilities of NNMi Premium Edition plus the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration, iSPI Network Engineering Toolset, iSPI for IP Telephony, iSPI for IP Multicast, iSPI for MPLS, iSPI Performance for Traffic and the Traffic Collector Connector.

As Andy said, kindly contact yor sales rep for further details.

BR,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
3 Replies
AndyKemp Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Its kind of strange so your best bet would be to contact your sales channel partner. We're going through our annual contract renewal and its very different indeed.

What I've observed it has some pros and cons:

Its an all or nothing transition, so you have to upgrade all of your licenses  to the new model for it to be in effect.

• There are not any non-proudction licenses for ultimate so you will be paying to upgrade those less expensive licences to full ones.
  • There is not a software cost for implementing instances of any NNMi SPI instance, but there will be a support cost.
  • There are not any consumption points to worry about caluculating
  • There are no unlimited licences.
Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Thomas,

In addtiion to this, concerning NNMi Premium Edition, this includes NNMi Advanced and the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration. NNMi Advanced, in addition to network topology discovery, fault and availability monitoring, and root cause analysis, also includes port aggregation monitoring, global network management, router redundancy monitoring, and IPv6 support.

NNMi Ultimate Edition includes all of the capabilities of NNMi Premium Edition plus the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration, iSPI Network Engineering Toolset, iSPI for IP Telephony, iSPI for IP Multicast, iSPI for MPLS, iSPI Performance for Traffic and the Traffic Collector Connector.

As Andy said, kindly contact yor sales rep for further details.

BR,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Mark-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

As mentioned above, the most accurate and updated licensing info would be through the designated HP account representative.  If you have not already been able to reach out to them, we do have a team of presales coordinators at 1-877-686-9637 that can assist in connecting you to the team for your area if needed.  Or I am happy to connect you directly if it would be helpful to you.

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.