Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

No Information in Performance Panel on Node Dashboard

Hi All 

On the performance panel on node dashboard (E.g. for a Cisco Catalyst)  I've never seen data. Either the panel is blank or there is information like seen below... If I click on it,  a blank panel opens.  

Can somebody tell me what type of data on the performance panel would appear ? Didn't find any information in documentation.

Thanks Thomas

HPE Network Node Manager i Software 10.20.280 on  Windows 2012 with iSpi Perf Metrics on dedicated Server

perf.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Thomas

Thanks for posting.

An explicit refresh is indeed needed and that's the message displayed.

An explicit message is required because the tab cannot be loaded instantaneously because it complex and costly.
This behaviour for many analysis panels in QA and NNM.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Thomas,

the NNMi contacts the PM "modul" (some sort of HP Performance Manager technique) on the NPS and then shown graphs that are the "default" graphs for that CI type (e.g. for nodes you should see CPU and memory; for interfaces you should see utilization and throughput). They are the same when you use the menu item "Performance Troubleshooting" for a CI.

If you can confirm that data was collected for that CI (using a report in NPS for example or the Dashboard views which uses another method to get the data from the NPS), you should check nnn.log on the NNMi server and you can enable tracing for the PM module on the NPS. Perhaps then it is best to open a support case.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Allessandro

I can confirm that CI Data is available via Reporting and also via Performance Troubleshooting Graph. If I refresh the empty performance panel I get 2 INFO entries in the nnm.log. I don't see any other entries

If I open the URL embedded in the INFO Message I get exactly the Mem and CPU Performance graph data of that node. 

Seems that the Graphs have a problem to get embedded in the Node or Int. Dashboard performance panel.

I'll open a case

Thanks Thomas

2016-11-22 13:28:53.927 INFO [com.hp.ov.nms.performance.spi.ui.analysis.PerformanceAnalysisDataProvider] getAnalysisData() analysisContentInfo:AnalysisContentInfo [extensionEntityHolder=com.hp.ov.nms.model.core.Node#180388629679, analysisDataClass=com.hp.ov.nms.ui.spi.analysis.html.HtmlAnalysisData]

2016-11-22 13:28:53.927 INFO [com.hp.ov.nms.performance.spi.ui.analysis.PerformanceAnalysisDataProvider] PMi Graph URL : <html><object data="/ssoservlet/protected/reports?reportURL=http://mplpwnps01.sn.six-group.net:9300/OVPM/?CONTEXT=GRAPHS&ACTION=drawgraph&DOMAINNAME=Network&DOMAINPARAM=com.hp.ov.nms.model.core.Node!d0c30c11-c68e-4e7e-b711-6fe488c2170b&PANEL=YES&INSTANCE=d0c30c11-c68e-4e7e-b711-6fe488c2170b&ENABLEGRAPHOPTIONS=FALSE&SELECTEDGRAPHS=NodeCPUMemory@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=Overview,NodeCPUMemoryExceptionRate@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=Overview,NodeAvailabilityandReachability@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=Overview,NodeResponse@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=System,NodeBufferUtilizationDetails@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=Buffer,NodeDiskUtilization@GRAPHFAMILY=Network Nodes@GRAPHCATEGORY=Disk&SHOWTOOLBAR=false&ssoDomain=.mplpwnnm01.sn.six-group.net" width="800" height="800" allowscriptaccess="always" type="text/html" > </object></html>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.