No Polling Policy
I have a Cisco 6506 up and operational. The Chassis tab lists 5 cards up and operational but with no polling policy. Operational State =Up , Administrative State = No Polling Policy,
Can someone tell me what this means?
Re: No Polling Policy
This is the sentence “No Polling Policy” is the Standby State, it is related to the chassis's SNMP agent, if it supports only the Internet Engineering Task Force MIB file,
You can check in the Online help (p.202) which is attached to this email.
Either the current MIB-II Standby State value or a value the NNMi State Poller interprets and normalizes to handle differences between vendors. The current Standby State contributes towards the status calculation for this chassis.
Note: If the chassis's SNMP agent supports only the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) ENTITY-MIB, no state or status information is available. NNMi sets this state to No Polling Policy and the chassis status to No Status. If you look on the parent Node Form, you will see the com.hp.nnm.capability.card.ietf.entity capability in the list.
Possible values are:
- Active - Indicates the chassis is the active chassis in the Chassis Redundancy Group.
- Cold-Standby - Indicates the chassis is not in use, but is available to take over the role of the active chassis after it is initialized.
- Hot-Standby - Indicates the chassis is not in use, but can immediately take over the role of the active chassis.
- Standby - Indicates the chassis is a candidate to become the next active chassis.
- Error - Indicates the chassis cannot take over the role of active or standby chassis in the Chassis Redundancy Group.
- Other – The SNMP agent on the chassis responded with a value for Standby State of Other or one that is not recognized.
- Transient – Indicates the chassis is in a transient state. For example, rebooting.
- Unknown - Indicates the chassis is unable to report Standby State.
- The following values indicate NNMi could not gather the required data:
- Agent Error – Indicates an SNMP error was returned in response to an SNMP query to this agent.
- No Polling Policy - Indicates the object is being polled, but no polling policy exists in Monitoring Configuration settings for this monitored attribute.
- Not Polled - Indicates that this attribute is intentionally not polled, based on current Monitoring Configuration settings, current Communication Configuration settings, or because the parent Node is set to Not Managed or Out of Service. This object attribute might or might not have an associated polling policy.
- Unavailable - Unable to determine the State. For example, the SNMP agent returned a value outside the range of possible values or returned a null value.
- Unset – Currently not used by NNMi.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
SW Support Engineer | Network Node Manager I-Series
MicroFocus.com | @microfocus
Re: No Polling Policy
I would like to know if the information provided was useful?
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need something else.
Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.