Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Node Group visibility for L1,L2 operators

Hi Experts ,

I use NNM 9.20 .

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The 2 node groups shouldn't have been removed from the Group filter Drop-down menu as soon as the operators are able to see nodes in these node groups, as it appear to be the case.

I would suggest to double-check the "Object Access role" used when configuring the User Group - Security Group mapping for each of these  User Groups.

This is because there are different kind of security enforcement (Topology, Incidents, Maps and Path, Actions ...) and the Access Rules can vary according to the Object Access Role depending on the type of enforcement.

Here if the level1 and level2 operators are able to view the Nodes in the Inventory but not the Groups in the Group filter Drop-down  menu, it is not a question of Topology enforcement.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi ,

Even in Topology map also that 2 node groups not visible for L2 .My question is simpel , if L2 can see all nodes under Inventory-Nodes why cant he see them node-group wise ? I have attached the doc which will expalin what is the issue .

Its better for L2 users to search nodes by node-group wise .Now only admin can see by node-group wise .

Plz suggest .

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.