Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Node Rediscovery

Hi experts

I've facing serius problems, with a set of node, that have a Discovery state labeled as Resdicovery in progress. As a consequence I'm not able to do a Configuration Polling on the node, an then any changes in the topology (Layer 2 connection) cannot be visible.

When I do a Configuration poll  (Actions-> Polling -> Congiuration Poll) I get  :"Warning  : Node xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxxxx" discovery is already in progress. Moreover when I create a new node , its Dicovery state is Newly Created, instead of Discovery completed.

Any solution regarding this issue ?

Thanks in advance 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Node Rediscovery

Do you see in Health Report a record about nodes stuck in discovery? If that is the case you will also have a warning in Help --> System information view.

There are some methods to get rid of nodes stuck in discovery but that depends on your NNMi version and patch level.

Mikayel Grigoryan
HPE Software

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Node Rediscovery

No,  I restarted the application and stucked nodes  disappeared, but 15 days later it came to the same  situation..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.