Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Edward Fultz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Node has status that has no incident in incident view

Jump to solution

We have a node where the status of the node is MINOR because of SNMPAgentPingUnresponsiveInNode.

When I went to the incident tab I do not see an incident for this status.  I, also, do not see this condition in the management trap list.

Shouldn't I see an incident for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Node has status that has no incident in incident view

Jump to solution

Hi Edward,

For further clarification, kindly refer to the following image:

Hope this helps,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Established Member.. fariassolis
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Edward

Did you check under All incidents view?, Do you have any trim funcionality that may remove the incident?

Hope this helps!

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello Edward,

This is a quick explanation to this conclusion you are seeing:

-----
SNMP Agent Ping Not Responding
NNMi periodically performs ICMP requests to the SNMP Agent IP Address. If there is no response and the node is not completely unreachable, NNMi's Causal Engine determines that the SNMP Agent IP Address on the device is not responding.

On the Source Object form NNMi updates information on the following tabs:
Source Object Updates
Tab Description
Conclusion Adds the SNMPAgentPingNotResponding Conclusion.

Incident No incident is generated.
The Correlated Children tab includes any associated traps.
Status Adds the Critical Status.
Overall Status Changes to Critical.
On the Source Node form, NNMi updates information on the following tabs:
Source Node Updates
Tab Description
Status Adds the Minor Status.
Conclusions SNMPAgentPingUnresponsiveInNode

On the maps, the icon for the Source Node is set to yellow.
When the SNMP Agent IP Address starts responding to ICMP requests, NNMi updates the following attributes:
• The SNMP Agent IP Address Status is changed to Normal.
• The SNMP Agent IP Address Conclusion is changed to SNMPAgentPingResponding.
• NNMi updates Information in the Correlation Notes attribute and closes the incident. See Incident Form: General Tab for more information.
• The Source Node Conclusion is SNMPAgentPingResponsiveInNode.
---

It is possible that you are able to communicate via SNMP to the SNMP agent but not via ICMP.
It would be then the reason why you are seeing this conclusion. It basically just means you cannot ping the IP address of the snmp agent.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Established Member.. fariassolis
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Edward

Base under the investigation it seems that the SNMPAgentPingUnresponsiveInNode will not generate any event as Roberto mentioned, more information can be found under the help of administrators manual.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Edward,

For further clarification, kindly refer to the following image:

Hope this helps,

Roberto

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Edward Fultz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you - this helps as I thought every recognized status in NNMi resulted in some kind of incident.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.