Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Not all Juniber Interfaces show in the interface tab

Hello,

I face a problem that not all the interfaces shown at the interface tab, for example the configuration poll log show that the system have 150 but on the interface tab shows only 120.

I notice that the xe interfaces when it down it appear xe-x/x/x but when it up it will disappear and show xe-x/x/x.x instead

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Not all Juniber Interfaces show in the interface tab

Hi there,

Its very difficult to answer this question without seeing some supporting data.  What I would suggest is that you collect the output of the following command:

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -T {device} > device.down
nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -T {device} > device.up

for when the interface(s) are down and then up.  

If you then open a support case with us we can review what is happening here and with these files we can simulate the device in these two states to see what it is reporting and confirm if we are seeing anything similar.

If the config poll is reporting discovering 150 interfaces but you are only seeing 120 then I would check out the discovery configuration and ensure you don't have a filter in place to screen out any interface types.  Also check the interface tab to ensure there is no filter enabled ( long shot but it does happen ! )

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.