Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Oracle DB password keeps changing locking out the NNMi connection

3 tries, and the Oracle connection account gets locked out. The connection account is set to never expire, but something is changing the password, and then the account locks out.

What can be doing this? Anypone ever heard of it?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Oracle DB password keeps changing locking out the NNMi connection

This is the story from the DB support side.......

"Let’s be clear about the source of the problem: The fact that it happened 2 times since Monday and the fact that:

• The password did not expire in the Database. This was confirmed by the 2 oracle DBAs I talked to. The password is set and was to ‘unlimited’ always, i.e. with no expiration.
  • The db user password did not change in the database and it’s the same since the installation.

What is happening is when your application/process or user tries to connect (NNMi) with a different or wrong password, then the user will be locked after several wrong trials based on the configuration you have in your application. You need to doublecheck that this doesn’t happen and that your application is configured with the right password."

My support guys are telling me that the NNMi application is configured the same way as the other instances we have of NNMi. So it is stalemate..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Oracle DB password keeps changing locking out the NNMi connection

Have you cehcked the DB access permissions to limit connections to only the NNMi server ?

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.