Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Forum
Visitor.

Oracle vs Solid and sybase

Hi,

I wanna know what is the benefit of using Oracle database whith NNM and OVPI instead of SOLID and SYBASE.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Joe Drigon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle vs Solid and sybase

http://www.rocket99.com/sybase/syb_vs_ora.html

Oracle is probably the way to go but it can get expensive and Sybase is free!
0 Likes
mmdallal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle vs Solid and sybase

for NNM:
1.oracle is a must when installing NNM and OVO over Unix
2.oracle will give you more power to analyze the stored data for your network/nodes/interfaces
3.you may import all data from oracle database tables and check for missing nodes/interfaces
4.Oracle may be installed on remote server

for PI:
1.Oracle me be installed on a remote server
2.some report packs required oracle
2.I think Oracle is more power

Best Regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.