Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Path View Maps

Hello All, 

I am having an issue with the Path view as whenever I select the path view between any given 2 nodes it gives one of the below results 

1. if I select 2 nodes by their names it gives me unable to resolve the node name.

2. if I select 2 nodes by their IP addresses it gives me that the 2 nodes are directly connected together ( which is wrong ) 

so, is their anyone faced the same issue and how to solve it ?

Note: i am using NNMi 10.40

thanks in advance 

Best Regards 

Shady Kozman 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Path View Maps

Hello Shady

Thanks for posting

Please consider the following:

The Source and Destination nodes must meet either of the following criteria:

Support SNMP and be previously discovered by NNMi

Have traceroute available

A switch should not be used as a Source or Destination node in Path View maps. To view connectivity between switches, use the Layer 2 Neighbor View.

All access routers and any Layer 2 devices between the Source and Destination nodes must meet the following criteria:

• Support SNMP
  • Be previously discovered by NNMi

Please double check the information,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.