Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Pattern Matching then assign in a variable to display in TextMessage of a trap

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is an easy way to capture some text of variable of a trap, then assign it in a variable.

Then i'll be able to display a message with only the word that i want to display in the trap message.

I know that it's possible in OVO/OM ( <*.msg> ) but i don't see this functionality in NNM 9.20 (and 10?)

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Vincent,

Unfortunately this is not possible within the UI configuration capabilities.  However the usual trick to accomplish this is to run an action, pass the varbind data to it, extract the information you want and build a new trap which is then sent back to NNMi and displayed for the Operators.   It is then possible to delete then original trap using a pairwise configuration with another new trap, or simply ensure the original trap is not a "key" incident so that it won't be seen in most of the trap views.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Vincent,

Unfortunately this is not possible within the UI configuration capabilities.  However the usual trick to accomplish this is to run an action, pass the varbind data to it, extract the information you want and build a new trap which is then sent back to NNMi and displayed for the Operators.   It is then possible to delete then original trap using a pairwise configuration with another new trap, or simply ensure the original trap is not a "key" incident so that it won't be seen in most of the trap views.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for your quick answer !

Best Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.