MisterX Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perform setStatus based on varbind

Jump to solution
Anyone have an idea how I could change the status color of a symbol based on a variable binding? I have a Cisco ONS that sends the alarm condition in the varbind. I would like to change the symbol color to yellow/orange when the varbind #10 is raised and change back to green when varbind #10 is cleared.

NNM 7.51, W2003
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Perform setStatus based on varbind

Jump to solution
Hi,

In short this can be done, but rather complicated.

It requires update to the snmp event, then pass varbind #10 (and other values) to an external script which the event will execute.

Within the script, depending on the value of varbind #10, it will call a NNM command to update the colour statues of the node based on the node id.

Jov

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Jov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Perform setStatus based on varbind

Jump to solution
Hi,

In short this can be done, but rather complicated.

It requires update to the snmp event, then pass varbind #10 (and other values) to an external script which the event will execute.

Within the script, depending on the value of varbind #10, it will call a NNM command to update the colour statues of the node based on the node id.

Jov

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.