Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Probal Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Post install configuration is getting skipped while installation

Post install configuration is getting skipped while installation of Nnmi 10.50 in Windows server. Using embedded db,all prerequisites are checked.
As the above mentioned step is getting skipped I'm not able to put the fqdn,port, system password. After that I ran the commander nnmsetofficialfqn.ovpl <fqdn> from cmd but it is trying to open the ovpl file.Please suggest.I tried on different servers as well but always getting the same issue.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Regular Contributor..

Re: Post install configuration is getting skipped while installation

After running the command nnmsetofficialfqdn.ovpl <fqdn> it is trying to open the ovpl file. I'm opening it with notepad.But,I'm not sure where to put the fqdn. Same issue is occurring while doing the steps for port and system password configuration also. Please help.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. qz07sg Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

On Windows, I make sure that I've launched a CMD prompt window *OR* ensure that I am in CMD prompt.

I have not seen the behavior you mentioned, but depending on your version and other preferences, the prompt you may be working in could be PowerShell.  It is also possible that ovpl file type has been associated with notepad, but that is only speculation. 

One way to perhaps force the proper behavior, regardless of whether you are in a PowerShell or CMD prompt:

cmd /c "%NnmInstallDir%bin\nnmsetofficialfqdn.ovpl" FQDN

Obviously, replace FQDN with the proper value for the fully-qualified domain name.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

I'M. running the below command only from cmd with administrator privilege
cmd "%NnmInstallDir%bin\nnmsetofficialfqdn.ovpl" FQDN
But after entering the command it is trying to open the ovpl file and asking for the application to open the open the ovpl file.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. qz07sg Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I believe that the file association for .ovpl files is incorrectly configured but I am not sure.

On my Windows system -- this is what I see [hopefully the image attaches to this message].

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

I've checked the screenshot that you have provided.But, I'm not getting the prompt for perl.I've tried using powershell but that did not work also.Please help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.