Highlighted
Established Member.

Postgres database connect issue.

Hi Team,

I have installed NNMI 2019.05 on windows 2012 R2. while i am connecting postgres database but getting error. Actually i am unable to connect. Below error Password authentication failed. attached screen shot.

Thanks 

Dinesh Choudhary

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Postgres database connect issue.

I think it may be syntax issue . Have you tried using other client like pgadmin etc?

I think syntax should be psql -U <user>  ....  I have not worked on windows version but in Linux side it is usually   psql -U <user>  .. default user usually is postgres

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

the full syntax is

• -h the host to connect to
  • -U the user to connect with
  • -p the port to connect to (default is 5432)

psql -h localhost -U username databasename

psql "dbname=dbhere host=hosthere user=userhere password=pwhere port=5432 sslmode=require"

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

anyone has default password for NNM DB.

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Not to be a jerk but I think it's a bad idea to post the default password for anything in the forum.  Maybe this is a question for Support?

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

@qz07sg agree , thanks for your reply

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is no specific default password , once you change then it is limited to specific instance otherwise internal default password is not exposed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.