Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

RPM Signature Verification

Hi All,

I know this is definitely a newbie question.

Is there a faster way to import the keys for the RPM signature verification when installing NNMi on Linux? I followed the instruction which says, "Import the public keys one at a time while logged in as root......." after extracting the tar.gz file.

I found this to be very cumbersome as I had to append each .pub key to the syntax. For example; rpm --import /path_to_the_key/0A9AEB0D.pub , then rpm --import /path_to_the_key/0E0850CE.pub.

I know there is a more efficient way but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Please advise me on how to go about this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: RPM Signature Verification

Hello Ade,

this should work:

# for i in `ls /path_to_keys/*.pub`

do

rpm --import $i

done

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.