Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Regional Manager to Global Manager trap forwarding

Hi, I'm sure that I'm not the only one to experience this just wondering if there was a methodology to follow thats better than just opening up every snmp notification I want forwarded, clicking on the Forward to Global Managers Configuration check box, saving and then off to the next event.  There has to be a better way and I only see QCCR1B146181 as a erequest to make this possible.   The XML change from this configuration change is trivial, just theres not an explicit SNMP notification export.

Before its change it looks like this

<ns3:geoCentralForwardConfiguration>
<ns3:enable>false</ns3:enable>

afterwards it loks like this

<ns3:geoCentralForwardConfiguration>
<ns3:enable>true</ns3:enable>

It shouldnt be difficult but when you reused too many codeblocks for different purposes it becomes unmanagable.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Regional Manager to Global Manager trap forwarding

/opt/OV/bin/nnmincidentcfgdump.ovpl -dump filename  -typeSnmpTrapConfig and notepad++    does the trick but its a workaround. Might was well go directly into the DB

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.