Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Relevant data files for Performance

Jump to solution

Hello

My NPS is beginning to run short of space, although I've shrunk the database. I wonder and could someone please let me know what's the requirement for gz files placed under metric and topology directories within the archives directory (under $NPSData\NNMPerformanceSPI\<iSPI_Component> ). As I understand the performance data is retained in 'database' folder as .iq files. Can I remove all the former files?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Relevant data files for Performance

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have deleted the files without any harm to the NPS in the past and I think there are only used for "reference".

The retention times configured in the Config UI are stored in this config file, too:

# Database Table Retention Policies
PRSPI_DataRetention_Raw 14
PRSPI_DataRetention_Hour 70
PRSPI_DataRetention_Day 400

As my system is a lab system, I have done the following:

Changed value in the config file to: PRSPI_KeepArchiveFiles 1

stopETL.ovpl

startETL.ovpl

In a few minutes the file count in the component archive directory was reduced from over 8000 to nearly 300 - so it seems to work. BTW: the entry works on ALL extension packs (e.g. %NPSDataDir%\Interface_Health\archives\metric).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Any suggestions anyone pls?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am not sure, but I think that you can modify the file %NPSDataDir%\rconfig\NNMPerformanceSPI.cfg to reduce the archive files. This seems to be the parameter:

# length of time (in days) to keep archived NNM files
PRSPI_KeepArchiveFiles  28

I would restart the NPS processes after a change.

Can someone from Micro Focus (formerly known as HPE) confirm this?

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Alessandro

Thanks, Is this cfg about retention period, because I've as it is reduced the retention peiod to minimum permissible I could. I just wondered if the archive files themself can be removed? Not sure what are they for and whether its them that contain the data?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have deleted the files without any harm to the NPS in the past and I think there are only used for "reference".

The retention times configured in the Config UI are stored in this config file, too:

# Database Table Retention Policies
PRSPI_DataRetention_Raw 14
PRSPI_DataRetention_Hour 70
PRSPI_DataRetention_Day 400

As my system is a lab system, I have done the following:

Changed value in the config file to: PRSPI_KeepArchiveFiles 1

stopETL.ovpl

startETL.ovpl

In a few minutes the file count in the component archive directory was reduced from over 8000 to nearly 300 - so it seems to work. BTW: the entry works on ALL extension packs (e.g. %NPSDataDir%\Interface_Health\archives\metric).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for elaborate reply, Alessandro. I concluded that as well, and was looking for a  supporting confirmation on that 🙂 . I deleted the archives, and yes, reset some of ETLs' period also. So far so good. Works well. Thanks so much

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.