Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Replacement of nnmtwiddle.ovplin NNMi

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need to migrate some shell scripts of NNMi 10.50 to version 2020.08. One of the scripts use the nnmtwiddle.ovpl CLI command. It seems that it is not supported anymore in version 2020.08, as it doesn't excist neither in the /bin directory nor in the CLI documentation. What it also makes difficult for me is that I can't find any documention in the MicroFocus documentation WEB-sides.

Any idea what's the function of the script and how to replace it with a CLI command of v. 2020.08?

nnmtwiddle.ovpl  invoke com.hp.ov.nms.disco:mbean=DiscoverySupport sendDiscoveryNeeded $node

Thank you in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

All get/invoke methods in this API are "talking". so that's easy to guess what it does. You may, as simplest, enable the <server>/jmx-console so you browse the catalog of mbeans and see all methods in each.

Regarding the REST API - I got 2019.11 - samples and doc are there:

# ll /opt/OV/doc
total 11220
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 751485 Apr 9 2020 NNM-SDK.pdf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 4885923 Apr 9 2020 NNM-SDK_Using_NNMi_Web_Services.pdf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 121284 Apr 9 2020 nms-sdk-sources.jar
drwxrwxr-x 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 232 Apr 9 2020 samples
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 5724142 Apr 9 2020 sdk-dev-kit.jar

BR,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

did you check the directory support for nnmtwiddle.ovpl (in install dir)?

HTH and best regards

Allessandro

Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

thanks, it's there, any idea where to get some more detailed documentation than with the parameter -h?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

if you asking about the operation or method you are calling with nnmtwiddle.ovpl, then you should look in the JMX console and perhaps you get a clue about the call. AFAIK there is not official information about options of the operations.

Twiddle itself is a simple command line tool to interact with the JMX from JBOSS (see https://developer.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12458).

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

All get/invoke methods in this API are "talking". so that's easy to guess what it does. You may, as simplest, enable the <server>/jmx-console so you browse the catalog of mbeans and see all methods in each.

Regarding the REST API - I got 2019.11 - samples and doc are there:

# ll /opt/OV/doc
total 11220
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 751485 Apr 9 2020 NNM-SDK.pdf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 4885923 Apr 9 2020 NNM-SDK_Using_NNMi_Web_Services.pdf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 121284 Apr 9 2020 nms-sdk-sources.jar
drwxrwxr-x 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 232 Apr 9 2020 samples
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nmsproc nmsgrp 5724142 Apr 9 2020 sdk-dev-kit.jar

BR,

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.