Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Rounding off decimal numbers in NNMi alarm

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

In "Interface utilization" alert, we are getting 6-7 digits after decimal point(eg alert:- Current interface utilization is 87.23800596 %), this value is pulling from <$ci.snmpmeasuredvalue>

is it possible to round off to 2 digits after decimal point(like:- 87.23 %), if its possible can anyone please share the command or formula to put in event syntax.

Thanks is advance...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Rounding off decimal numbers in NNMi alarm

Jump to solution

Hi Sushant,

At this time there is no function that can be called to do this.  The only way to achieve this would be to run an action script, pass it all the CIAs, have it do the rounding and then send back a new trap with the rounded data that you then use in the incident browser.  This is alot of overhead to just achieve this.

I would suggest you open an Enhancement Request for this feature.

all the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Sushant,

At this time there is no function that can be called to do this.  The only way to achieve this would be to run an action script, pass it all the CIAs, have it do the rounding and then send back a new trap with the rounded data that you then use in the incident browser.  This is alot of overhead to just achieve this.

I would suggest you open an Enhancement Request for this feature.

all the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Sushant

Per Dave's comment this can be taken as ER, can you please let us know if you want to continue with the ER request (for this we will need a support case) or if you can set this thread as accepted solution?

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.