Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

SNMP agent is not working

Hello Team,

SNMP agent is not responding on NNMi mointoring, Where when i do SNMP walk i recieve the ouput.

e.PNG

I have tired to add devices mulitple times, Still facing the same issue.

ysORLastChange.0 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.1 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.6.3.11.2.3.1.1
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.2 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.6.3.15.2.1.1
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.3 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.6.3.10.3.1.1
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.4 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.6.3.1
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.5 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.2.1.49
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.6 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.7 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.2.1.50
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORID.8 : OBJECT IDENTIFIER: .1.3.6.1.6.3.16.2.2.1
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.1 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB for Message Processing and Dispatching.
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.2 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB for Message Processing and Dispatching.
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.3 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The SNMP Management Architecture MIB.
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.4 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB module for SNMPv2 entities
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.5 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB module for managing TCP implementations
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.6 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB module for managing IP and ICMP implementations
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.7 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): The MIB module for managing UDP implementations
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORDescr.8 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): View-based Access Control Model for SNMP.
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.1 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.2 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.3 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.4 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.5 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.6 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.7 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
sysORTable.sysOREntry.sysORUpTime.8 : Timeticks: (32) 0:00:00.32
interfaces.ifNumber.0 : INTEGER: 15
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.1 : INTEGER: 1
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.2 : INTEGER: 2
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.3 : INTEGER: 3
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.4 : INTEGER: 4
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.5 : INTEGER: 5
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.6 : INTEGER: 6
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.7 : INTEGER: 7
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.8 : INTEGER: 8
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.9 : INTEGER: 9
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.10 : INTEGER: 10
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.11 : INTEGER: 11
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.12 : INTEGER: 12
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.13 : INTEGER: 13
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.14 : INTEGER: 14
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.15 : INTEGER: 15
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.1 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): lo
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.2 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): eth2
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.3 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): eth3
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.4 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): eth0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.5 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): eth1
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.6 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): eth4

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SNMP agent is not working

Hi Tom,

It might be best to open a support case so that this can be looked into in more detail as there can be many reasons why a device gets stuck in discovery and does not complete properly.   Typically we would need to see both a "discovery" trace and a "network" trace of the communications with this device.   This should indicate where the problem lies.

If the device is old then one setting that can be tried is to turn off the use of "getbulk" in the communication with this device.  This can be done in the Communication settings, node specific settings.  A network trace can normally indicate if this is the problem, but its a setting that can be tried very easily.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Dave,

As mentioned, I have disable "get bulk" on specific node. Still receiving the same!!

e.PNG

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Tom,

Ok, if this did not correct things then I would suggest opening a support case and we can help guide you in getting the necessary traces in order to investigate what is going on here.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.