Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Schedule reoccurring outages in NNMi (10.20)

Hello there, 

we are in progress to move from NNMi 9.20 to NNMi 10.20. 

So far we have a huge crontab to schedule daily/weekly maintenance-windows via nnmmanagementmode.ovpl to set some nodes out-of-service or back to managed. The problem with this method is, that if a node is deleted, the crontab needs to be adjusted manually - and the crontab becomes sort of full meanwhile (3000 entries for these settings). 

I was wondering, if the new "scheduled outages" feature would be able to take over this crontab-workaround. In the man-page of nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl I see a lot of "weekly" hints, but only in the names of the examples.  

Is there a way to configure real "weekly" outages with this new feature?
In the start/stop time window I can only select absolute times/dates, but not relative ones like "every saturday", or so. 

Many thanks in advance for your comments. 

Kind regards, 

Iris

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Schedule reoccurring outages in NNMi (10.20)

If you are not getting an answer to your question, then you can try the Network Node Manager Support Customer Forum . I see that you have access to this forum, which is only accessible to members with a valid Support Agreement ID (SAID).

Just wanted to let you know.

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thank you for your reply. 

I have read the other entry. 
As mentioned, we already use cron to schedule the managament modes on a per node basis.
As I read there, we can change this now to schedule outages for nodegroups via cron. 

I do agree, that this might make our crontab a bit smaller/shorter as we can try to group things a bit, but is not really the solution I was looking for.

Best regards, 

Iris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.