Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Setting Circuit Speed

Jump to solution

In SolarWinds you have the ability to set the circuit speed (up/down) which is used by some of our network folks.  I am working to move them to NNMI and have not seen if/where this is possible in NNMI.  Is this available and if so where can it be done?

Thanks,

Randy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Setting Circuit Speed

Jump to solution

You can set specific speeds on the interface form.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Randy,

Could you please provide more details about this feature so we can check how we can do it in NNMi?

Regards

Veronica Gismero
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I forgot before to state the NNMi version which is 10.01.  I have included a screen shot of the Solarwinds interface form which allows the ability to customize the Transmit/Receive bandwidth instead of using the discovered bandwith.  The customized values are then used in the utilization calcs.

Hope this helps and thanks for looking into it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

You can set specific speeds on the interface form.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you very much for the provided information.

If the HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Metrics Software is installed and configured within your environment, you can type an integer value to override the input speed value returned by the device's SNMP agent. Indicate the speed this interface is capable of receiving data in bits per second.

For example, you might want to override the Input Speed value for the following reason:

Sometimes the value returned by the device's SNMP agent is not accurate or causes problems when NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics calculates performance monitoring. For example, the input speed might be restricted due to circumstances in your environment, or bandwidth controls might limit the connection speed regardless of what the physical connection is capable of (such as within a WAN).

Same applies to Output Speed:

You can type an integer value to override the output speed value returned by the device's SNMP agent. Indicate the speed this interface is capable of transmitting data in bits per second.

For more details, please check the online help topic "Interface Form: General Tab"

Regards

Veronica Gismero
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you confirm that the " input speed value returned by the device's SNMP agent" is

the ifSpeed entry in the MIB?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

That is correct. If you haven´t modified the value in NNMi, the ifSpeed and the Input Speed will display the same.

ifSpeed is in bytes per sec and ifHighSpeed is in mega bytes per sec.

Per example:

ifSpeed -> 100 Mbps

Input Speed -> 100000000

Which is the same.

This document has useful information about this topic:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1446795

HP NNMi v9.x: How to set a different ifSpeed value that what is received from device?

Regards

Veronica Gismero

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi...as per my knowledge the value returned by the device's SNMP agent is not accurate or causes problems when NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics calculates performance monitoring. For example, the input speed might be restricted due to circumstances in your environment, or bandwidth controls might limit the connection speed regardless of what the physical connection is capable

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.