Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Severity definition for events from NNMi to OMi through Northbound Interface

We have trap events processing through NNMi.  These are working fine in all ways EXCEPT severity.  Specifically, those traps where severity is defined using enrichment rules.  The enriched severity is not applying in OMi.  I suspect the issue is caused by the fact the default severity is what is placed in the OMi policy when exported from NNMi using nnmopcexport.ovpl.

Am I correct?  Do I need to change severity on the OMi side and not the NNMi side if I want the correct severity to apply in OMi?  Is this true for all enrichment in NNMi - meaning I need to not enrich the trap in NNMi but, instead, put the enrichment in OMi?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello

That's right.

When exporting the policy only one severity is placed on the policy

It is true for all enrichment, as the severity is not sent as part of the message but extracted from the policy definition

Regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you.  Is there a way to pass custom attributes for specific oid attributes?  Say a value on which I want to put enrichment has oid value of .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.712.1.1.2.1.11.0.  This is passed to OMi in the source tab but I am uncertain how to make that available in an EPI script.  I understand I cannot create a custom attribute in NNMi for that OID that will be passed to OMi as a custom attribute.  But there must be some other way to allow OMi access to that data.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.