Highlighted
New Member.

Solve Interface DowninNode via NNM

Hi All,

I am new to NNMi. I want to know how can we solve the Interface DownInNode problem on a particular device??

I don't have physical access of the device. Is there any way by which one can solve the Interface Down problem from NNMi software only??

Any replies will be much aprreicated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Solve Interface DowninNode via NNM

Hi,

Didnt understand the requirement exactly.. u dont need the alert itself or u want to troubleshoot from NNMi as to why the interface node down alert was tirggered?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Pratik,

I want to troubleshoot from NNM that why the interface is down and how can i solve the issue or what is causing the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

From NNMi end you cannot do much...U can check the admin and operational state of it. The reason it will show down is becoz device would have sent the trap that its down and NNMi updates the status.

Its more in terms of Network admin needs to check as to why its down...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.