Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Unable to Install NNMi 9.20 on RHEL 7 interactively

Jump to solution

HI ,

I am trying to install NNmi 9.20 on RHEL 7.2 maipo.

but I am unable to do so  interactively.

I have set the DISPLAY and xclock from linux server is running on the display.

but when running installation I get DISPLAY not set.

I have checked the necessary RPMs and same are present.

list is 

-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 2107800 Aug 14 2015 /lib64/libc-2.17.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 22 Jan 24 14:51 /lib64/libaio.so.1 -> /lib64/libaio.so.1.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jan 24 16:55 /usr/lib64/libXtst.so.6 -> libXtst.so.6.1.0
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 14 Jan 24 14:53 /usr/lib64/libXi.so.6 -> libXi.so.6.1.0

can anyone help with what could be the issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Unable to Install NNMi 9.20 on RHEL 7 interactively

Jump to solution

Hi,

Following support matrix of HP NNMi 9.20, it could not installed on RHEL 7 only HP NNMi 10.10 and 10.20.

Please get refer to this link here:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1398344

Please consider the RHEL 5 if you still want to install HP NNMi 9.20.

Hope it is helpful.

“Regards,

Nga Do Thi Tuyet | SW Technical Support
Network Node Manager
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Some obvious things to check, but did you run xclock from the same linux prompt as you are running the installation from?   Have you "exported" the DISPLAY variable? 

You could try to export the variable LAX_DEBUG=1   to get more debug output from the installer
  You could also try running the installation without the UI   :   setup.bin -i silent  

If none of this works then I would suggest opening a support case so we can get someone to help.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Following support matrix of HP NNMi 9.20, it could not installed on RHEL 7 only HP NNMi 10.10 and 10.20.

Please get refer to this link here:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1398344

Please consider the RHEL 5 if you still want to install HP NNMi 9.20.

Hope it is helpful.

“Regards,

Nga Do Thi Tuyet | SW Technical Support
Network Node Manager
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.