Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
steindorinn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uninstalling iSPI for MPLS 9.21

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

I am trying to uninstall iSPI for MPLS 9.21. (later on I intend to do a fresh install)

After stopping the MPLS (ovstop -c mplsjboss) I uninstalled the patch:

• [root@nnm MPLS921L_00001]# rpm -e MPLS921L_00001 
  • INFO: removing patch files
  • NOTE: The patch version to be removed is: 00001
  • NOTE: The latest patch version: 1
  • ###########################################################
  • # The NNM iSPI for MPLS patch is uninstalled. Restore the #
  • # NNMi and MPLS 9.20 database backup taken prior to #
  • # installing this patch to continue working with the NNM #
  • # iSPI for MPLS 9.20. #
  • # Refer to the 'NNMi Backup and Restore Tools' section in #
  • # the 'NNMi Deployment Reference' guide for the detailed #
  • # steps to perform backup and restore operations. #
  • ###########################################################

When uninstalling the iSPI 

• /opt/OV/Uninstall/HPOvMPLSiSPI/
  • ./setup.bin -i console

I got the following error:

• Executing the initialize actions for package HPOvMPLSiSPI 9.20.000 (HP NNM iSPI
  • for MPLS core application)
  • The package HPOvMPLSiSPI 09.20.000 (HP NNM iSPI for MPLS core application); 
  • can not be uninstalled. error: error: Failed dependencies:
  • perl(Config::Properties) is needed by (installed) 
  • HPNNMPerfSPI-9.20.000-1.x86_64
  • Executing the finalize actions for package HPOvMPLSiSPI 9.20.000 (HP NNM iSPI 
  • for MPLS core application)

the uninstallation process finshed with the follwing:

• Uninstallation Complete
  • -----------------------
  • The uninstallation has been completed with 1 warning(s) and 0 error(s).

Now it seems as though the iSPI is still installed (e.g. ovstatus displays the NOT_RUNNING state of mplsjboss) but there is little sign of any files related to the iSPI. e.g. /opt/OV/Uninstall doesn't contain anything related to MPLS iSPI.. 

Also, it seems there are still some mpls processes running (but maybe thats natural?)

• [root@nnm Uninstall]# ps aux |grep mpls
  • root 3612 0.0 0.0 61228 768 pts/0 S+ 15:17 0:00 grep mpls
  • root 6822 0.0 0.0 63892 1084 ? S Aug18 0:00 sh -c "/opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh" -Dnnm.dir.log="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -Djava.io.tmpdir="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -b "0.0.0.0" -c nms >"/var/opt/OV/log/mpls/startup.log" 2>&1
  • root 6823 0.0 0.0 63896 1196 ? S Aug18 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms
  • root 6888 0.0 1.7 3169892 664736 ? Sl Aug18 9:33 /opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/bin/java -server -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -XX:PermSize=384m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+UseParallelOldGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10000 -XX:-ReduceInitialCardMarks -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/opt/OV/tmp/mpls.hprof -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.CAUSAL_RUNTIME_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=1000 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.BLACKBOARD_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=20000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Dnmsas.server.security.keystore.alias=nnm.siminn.is.selfsigned -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=60 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.spi.mpls.disco.RDbasedVPNs=false -DenablePerfDump=false -DspiName=mpls -Dcom.hp.ov.DataDir=/var/opt/OV -Dcom.hp.ov.InstallDir=/opt/OV -Dnmsas.product.name=mpls -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/OV/mpls/server/conf/logging.properties -Dprogram.name=run.sh -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/OV/nmsas/lib/endorsed -classpath /opt/OV/nmsas/bin/run.jar:/opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/lib/tools.jar org.jboss.Main -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms
  • root 18619 0.0 0.0 63892 1080 ? S Jun13 0:00 sh -c "/opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh" -Dnnm.dir.log="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -Djava.io.tmpdir="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -b "0.0.0.0" -c nms >"/var/opt/OV/log/mpls/startup.log" 2>&1
  • root 18620 0.0 0.0 63896 1196 ? S Jun13 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms
  • root 18685 0.0 1.5 2920552 564636 ? Sl Jun13 0:30 /opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/bin/java -server -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -XX:PermSize=384m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+UseParallelOldGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10000 -XX:-ReduceInitialCardMarks -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/opt/OV/tmp/mpls.hprof -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.CAUSAL_RUNTIME_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=1000 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.BLACKBOARD_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=20000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Dnmsas.server.security.keystore.alias=nnm.siminn.is.selfsigned -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=60 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.spi.mpls.disco.RDbasedVPNs=false -DenablePerfDump=false -DspiName=mpls -Dcom.hp.ov.DataDir=/var/opt/OV -Dcom.hp.ov.InstallDir=/opt/OV -Dnmsas.product.name=mpls -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/OV/mpls/server/conf/logging.properties -Dprogram.name=run.sh -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/OV/nmsas/lib/endorsed -classpath /opt/OV/nmsas/bin/run.jar:/opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/lib/tools.jar org.jboss.Main -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms
  • root 19649 0.0 0.0 63892 1080 ? S Jun10 0:00 sh -c "/opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh" -Dnnm.dir.log="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -Djava.io.tmpdir="/var/opt/OV/log/mpls" -b "0.0.0.0" -c nms >"/var/opt/OV/log/mpls/startup.log" 2>&1
  • root 19650 0.0 0.0 63896 1192 ? S Jun10 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/OV/mpls/bin/run.sh -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms
  • root 19715 0.0 1.5 2978972 570888 ? Sl Jun10 0:32 /opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/bin/java -server -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -XX:PermSize=384m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+UseParallelOldGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10000 -XX:-ReduceInitialCardMarks -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/opt/OV/tmp/mpls.hprof -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.CAUSAL_RUNTIME_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=1000 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.apa.BLACKBOARD_QUEUE_SIZE_LIMIT=20000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Dnmsas.server.security.keystore.alias=nnm.siminn.is.selfsigned -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=60 -Dcom.hp.ov.nms.spi.mpls.disco.RDbasedVPNs=false -DenablePerfDump=false -DspiName=mpls -Dcom.hp.ov.DataDir=/var/opt/OV -Dcom.hp.ov.InstallDir=/opt/OV -Dnmsas.product.name=mpls -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/OV/mpls/server/conf/logging.properties -Dprogram.name=run.sh -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/OV/nmsas/lib/endorsed -classpath /opt/OV/nmsas/bin/run.jar:/opt/OV/nonOV/jdk/nnm/lib/tools.jar org.jboss.Main -Dnnm.dir.log=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/opt/OV/log/mpls -b 0.0.0.0 -c nms

Do you have any suggestions on what my next steps could be - in order to fully uninstall the iSPI for MPLS ?

Best regards,

Steindor

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Uninstalling iSPI for MPLS 9.21

Jump to solution

Hi steindorinn,

Have you checked the Troubleshooting tips on MPLS Install Guide ? I guess it might help you to identify the problem

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1401695   

Troubleshooting the NNM iSPI for MPLS . . . . . . page 35
Uninstalling the NNM iSPI for MPLS

Also, not sure if you are in a HA environment. Please be aware that there are some steps to follow when HA (High Availability) is configured.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. allanlinkemer Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your question. Could you please upload the des-installation log to check if there is another error. Also my recommendation is to open a new case with support to give you a better troubleshoot for this issue.

Regards,
Allan Linkemer Chacon|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Network Automation
Mail | allan.linkemer.chacon@hp.com
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi steindorinn,

Have you checked the Troubleshooting tips on MPLS Install Guide ? I guess it might help you to identify the problem

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1401695   

Troubleshooting the NNM iSPI for MPLS . . . . . . page 35
Uninstalling the NNM iSPI for MPLS

Also, not sure if you are in a HA environment. Please be aware that there are some steps to follow when HA (High Availability) is configured.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
steindorinn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your replies ! The Troubleshooting in the manuals helped a bit, but I will go on and open a support case

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.