Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unresolved Source Host Names in trap.csv

Jump to solution

Wondering how I configure the NNMi to resolve an IP address into the hostname in the trap log file, trap.csv.  I have an old 9.22 installation where it's working fine.  I'm currently trying to implement verison 10.3 and what shows up in the SourceNodeName field is always an IP address and never the hostname.

I've confirmed that the DNS reverse lookups work correctly.  I'm thinking there must  be a setting somewhere to configure the NNMi to do the reverse lookups but I cannot find where it is.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Unresolved Source Host Names in trap.csv

Jump to solution

The CR number is QCCR1B157015  for this issue.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

It looks like this was introduced in NNMi 10.20.   NNMi 10.1x and below all show the hostname, 10.20 and above shows the IP address in the source name column,  I don't have any details on why this change was made, but I will open a defect and request that if there was a reason to change this that it be optonal to log the DNS name.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The CR number is QCCR1B157015  for this issue.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hey,

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I've having the same problem but with NNMi 2018.05. Any insight would help.

Thank you,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.