Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Upgrade Path from 10.0 to 10.20

Jump to solution

do I need to patch 10.0 prior to upgrading to 10.20 or can I go straight to the upgrade path.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Upgrade Path from 10.0 to 10.20

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I looked at the install/upgrade reference and although it does not mention specific patch level for 10.0 it does mention to have the latest patch install:

Prepare the NNMi management server for upgrade.

• Back up the NNMi management server using the nnmbackup.ovpl script. Do this as a precaution, as you would only use this backup in the unlikely event of a failed upgrade. For more information, see the nnmbackup.ovpl reference page, or the Linux man page.
  • Make sure to apply the latest NNMi patch.

so I would strongly recommend to install the latest patch before upgrading to 10.20, which is available on SSO:

Linux

Windows 

Keep in mind that there are two additional point patches( one for postgres and one for JDK8) that i would strongly recommend installing as well before attempting the upgrade:

JDK8_Linux

JDK8 WIndows

Postgres linux

Postgres Windows

Regards,

Rafa

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I looked at the install/upgrade reference and although it does not mention specific patch level for 10.0 it does mention to have the latest patch install:

Prepare the NNMi management server for upgrade.

• Back up the NNMi management server using the nnmbackup.ovpl script. Do this as a precaution, as you would only use this backup in the unlikely event of a failed upgrade. For more information, see the nnmbackup.ovpl reference page, or the Linux man page.
  • Make sure to apply the latest NNMi patch.

so I would strongly recommend to install the latest patch before upgrading to 10.20, which is available on SSO:

Linux

Windows 

Keep in mind that there are two additional point patches( one for postgres and one for JDK8) that i would strongly recommend installing as well before attempting the upgrade:

JDK8_Linux

JDK8 WIndows

Postgres linux

Postgres Windows

Regards,

Rafa

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

10.20 version can be installed only in Windows 2012 version. But 10.01 and 10.10 are supported on windows 2008 R2.

Please correct me if am wrong..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I am running on RHEL no WIndows

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.