Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Upgrading from NNMi v10.00.701 to v10.20.280 stalls

Hello Community,

Upgrading from NNMi v10.00.701 to v10.20.280 stalls at "Executing initialization action: Preinstall Check (phase II). Is this a known issue? I've babysat this installation for four hours and haven't seen any progress. Where should I look to see if there is an issue? Is there a log file the install is actively writing to?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Upgrading from NNMi v10.00.701 to v10.20.280 stalls

Hello,

Could you please check if there is any popup window in the background, waiting for you to accept it or enter any required value?

Please also check the following KM doc:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02768595

to download the "NNMi Upgrade Webinar"

Best Regards

Veronica Gismero
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

There are no popup windows that I can see (though it may not have popped...). Can someone confirm that there is one at this stage of the install?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Mike,

I would suggest you to collect all the log files mentioned in the Upgrade webinar available at https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02768595 and open a support case. We can check them to see what is causing the issue and do the upgrade together over a remote session, if possible.

Best Regards

Veronica Gismero
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.