Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Very slow opening maps on V 10.21

Jump to solution

Hi all

I've installed the latest patch NNM1020W_00001 on my test system, because it probably should fix some of my issues.

While all the iSpi Perf Dashboards are really like a rocket now, maps with a few or many l2 connections open very slow.

My most complex map opens in ca. 2-5 sec. on v10.20. With the latest patch it takes over 2 minutes !

I tested some settings on the nms-ui.properties but it didn't help

I know the patch is brand new but I wonder if sombody else exirienced this issue too?

Thanks Thomas

System Information for HPE Network Node Manager i Software 10.20.280,10.21.402

NNM1020_00001,NNM1020W00001  on Win 2012 R2
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Very slow opening maps on V 10.21

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

The workaround is now available consisting in the combination of a HotFix and a UI property to apply to partially disable the vlan vizualization feature:

Workaround

1. Stop NNMi
  2. Install HotFix Hotfix-NNMI-10.2XP1-UI-20170119 (fixing Defect QCCR1B150648)
  3. Edit file  UI properties file:
    Linux: $NNM_PROPS/nms-ui.properties  (/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/conf/props/nms-ui.properties)
    Windows: %NNM_PROPS%\nms-ui.properties
  4. Set the following UI property in the following way:
    com.hp.ov.nms.ui.mapview.vlanHighlight.maxIfaces = -1
  5. Start NNMi

I have just updated my Support Tip accordingly.

Could you please confim that it fixes the issue in your case as well, so that we could close this discussion thread?

Many Thanks

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

I haven't heard of such issue from my side yet, but as you said this is a brand new patch.
I would suggest that you open a case to Support to have the issue narrowed down further in the best delay.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

There are now a couple of known issues  opened on 10.21 that are related to the new vlan GUI features introduced in version 10.21 that can impact the GUI performance.

The labs are working on them with the highest priority and a temp binary is about to be released that would allow to disable this new vlan related feature as a workaround until the root cause of these issues could be isolated further and fixed.

Let me provide below the internal reference of the corresponding issues, that can be provided as reference when raising case to support to get the temporarily binary:

QCIM1B150578 Topology maps are not generated properly. - Could not compute map view response due to exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
QCIM1B150563 NNMi 10:21 - Topology Maps unusable after installation of Patch 10.21

I am going to issue a Support Tip to inform the whole community about the same.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Marie-Noelle

Thanks for your Information-

I also have strong evidence that it has to do with new Vlan Map Feature, I opened  a case  (5316441374).

Below an extract of my comments on the case.

Thanks Thomas

I found out that the Map opening time is in correspondence with the number of Vlan Memberships it has.
E.g. a L2 Map with only 4 Nodes but over 2100 vlan memberships takes about 45 Sek to open (on 10.20 it took about 1 sec) While another Maps having many nodes and L2 connections but only a few vlans open fast.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for sharing this valuable information with our community members.

I will share the same with the labs in case it could speed up the root cause isolation, so that the new feature could be restored in the best delay.

I have just checked the corresponding labs case and seem to have too quickly pointed out that a TB was available to disable it. The TB is not available yet, but the labs actively working on it. I'll update this discussion thread when it will be.

I need now to rectify my Support Tip to explain the same.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

The workaround is now available consisting in the combination of a HotFix and a UI property to apply to partially disable the vlan vizualization feature:

Workaround

1. Stop NNMi
  2. Install HotFix Hotfix-NNMI-10.2XP1-UI-20170119 (fixing Defect QCCR1B150648)
  3. Edit file  UI properties file:
    Linux: $NNM_PROPS/nms-ui.properties  (/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/conf/props/nms-ui.properties)
    Windows: %NNM_PROPS%\nms-ui.properties
  4. Set the following UI property in the following way:
    com.hp.ov.nms.ui.mapview.vlanHighlight.maxIfaces = -1
  5. Start NNMi

I have just updated my Support Tip accordingly.

Could you please confim that it fixes the issue in your case as well, so that we could close this discussion thread?

Many Thanks

Marie-Noelle

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi 

I've installed the hotfix and it solved the issue.

Of course as expected also no VLAN Map information anymore but that's less important. I hope it can be re-activated after a future patch.

Thanks Thomas 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.