Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Weird discovery scenarion in NNM 10.2x

Hello All

NNM 10.2x on Linux

We want to discover new device and had specified hostname,ip,community etc in Communication protocol->Specific node settings.

When we create the seed for the device we found that NNM is trying to discover the device by community string specified in Default SNMPv1/v2 tab and retries for every community around 12 times.

As per our understanding NNM tries to discover the device first by Specific node settings and then by Community string specified in Default SNMPv1/V2 tab.

Is this has been changed in NNM 10.2x or am I mistaken.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Weird discovery scenarion in NNM 10.2x

Hello ramesh9,

what have you specified in the specific node settings exactly?

What have you entered as seed (hostname or ip)?

e.g.

Hostname: foobar.domain.com

IP: 10.1.1.1

SNMP Community: myDifferentFromDefaultReadCom

Seed --> 10.1.1.1

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello

I had specified hostname, IP, community string in specific node settings.

For discovery seed, I had specified IP address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Steinar Saugsta1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

From my point of view it seems that youre configuration seems ok as far as you have connfigured the seed in the NNMi GUI and not a seed file and that you have access to the node.

Br.

Steinar S

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

seems to be ok for me too.

Last idea: can you please check the name resolution with "nslookup <ip address>". Does it show the hostname which you have added to the NNMi SNMP configuration?

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes it shows.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.