Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the best way to monitor cisco routers in cluster?

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I need to configure NNMi 9.2x to monitor some cisco routers clusters.

The goal is get incidents in three levels, like below:

1. Get interface down incidents of all interfaces activated in cluster nodes.

2. Get node down incidents of individual routers in cluster.

3. Get "cluster down" incidents  case all nodes unavailable.

I think the best way is set node down and interface down incidents to cluster nodes (using payload) and set a custom correlation for detect cluster down.

Someone have other sugestions?

Regards,

Paulo

“The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.”
Bertrand Russell
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: What is the best way to monitor cisco routers in cluster?

Jump to solution

Hello Prafiere

Please take a look the following document so you can be able to know what would be the expected behavior regarding redundancy behavior.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1459502

PAGE 50

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Prafiere

Please take a look the following document so you can be able to know what would be the expected behavior regarding redundancy behavior.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1459502

PAGE 50

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

I just read the document in the link that you sent, but is not clear to me if ALL cluster fail events is contained in the Rrg* incidents.

Could you clarify it?

Best regards,

Paulo

“The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.”
Bertrand Russell
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello PAfriere

All the cluster scenarios are  posted in the document and will be contain in the RRG events.

HP Support

* Please visit our new customer support forum if you have a valid support contract  at the following link*

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/bd-p/network-node-mgr-support-cust-forum

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.