New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where can I find data storage in NNMi ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Can you help me to find where data or/and incidents are stored in NNMi directories ? I think they are located in /var/opt/OV  but I can't find them exactly where.

Any help guys Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NNM is not cacti.  Cacti can support hundreds of devices, NNM can support hundreds of thousands.

If you want to do this I'm not going to be the one to try and stop you but there are many arguments against your method for example:

- directly accessing the database is not supported

- database formats are not guaranteed constant, if you patch or upgrade your addons may break

- if you have a GNM environment you will need to somehow link and cosolidate your efforts across the whole environment

But really I'd say you are just reinventing things instead of investigating what tools exist to support your requirements.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

By default data is under /var/opt/OV/shared/nnm but I seriously doubt that knowing where it is on the file system is really the key question.  What are you going to do once you know where it is?  Do you know what it is?  How do you plan using it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I want to know where data are stored and in which forms to utilize them in my queries ; for example, I want to send notifiaction by email when an incident is occured, I want to know and manage exactely the data source in relation with this incident to create my script.

I used this method with cacti and I developped my scripts starting from data sources storage to send a particular notification in relation with specifc data, and it worked well.

Now ..., NNMi Smiley Wink

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NNM is not cacti.  Cacti can support hundreds of devices, NNM can support hundreds of thousands.

If you want to do this I'm not going to be the one to try and stop you but there are many arguments against your method for example:

- directly accessing the database is not supported

- database formats are not guaranteed constant, if you patch or upgrade your addons may break

- if you have a GNM environment you will need to somehow link and cosolidate your efforts across the whole environment

But really I'd say you are just reinventing things instead of investigating what tools exist to support your requirements.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

I'm working now on notifications from the graphical mode (notification -> action) and I'm developping scripts to generate notifications by mail, sms, ...

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Can you please share your script for email notification for events to specific email id.

and also what all configuration need to be done on linux server where NNMi is installed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.