Highlighted
Visitor.

Will node down alert generate if node is rebooted and came up in 2-3mins

Hi,

I am using NNMi9.10 on Windows. One of the senario i have received is, node down alert not generated when device got rebooted.

Our network team rebooted the device after upgradation, but in NNM node down alert not generated.Why??

Polling interval is set to 5 secs for both SNMp and ICMP.

Can anyone answer my question?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Will node down alert generate if node is rebooted and came up in 2-3mins

I you dont want to hear it, but it depends on lots of factors.

• Do you have ICMP polling to management interface enabled ?
  • Whats your polling interval?  If your polling interval is greater than or was between polls  then no.
  • Are the devices configured to send a coldstart message ?

The only impact to the system would be that a rediscovery would be triggered when the sysuptime that was last polled was less than it saw before.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.