Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Write access to SNMP String for QA porbe deployment

Jump to solution

Hi Team

I am deploying the QA probes and want to know the write access to SNMP is required and is it for forever or can be it removed after probe deployment, please conform.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Write access to SNMP String for QA porbe deployment

Jump to solution

Hi,

Same table which controls the probe as an instance, is being used to determine the status of probe, and if you wish to use control panel (pause/resume) the only way to write the value is to send snmpSet command to the agent. I would say this is the must to keep write community-name.

BR,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Same table which controls the probe as an instance, is being used to determine the status of probe, and if you wish to use control panel (pause/resume) the only way to write the value is to send snmpSet command to the agent. I would say this is the must to keep write community-name.

BR,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi BR

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Write/Set community name must be enabled on a source router as well as configured in NNMi for the same device
if a user uses PingPair.conf functionality. The source router must support Cisco IP SLA, or JUNIPER RPM, or at least DISMAN-PING-MIB. iSPI QA will use SNMP set requests with a set community string to trigger the ping on the source router/interface and get the result via SNMP read requests using the same Mib. Also, Write/Set community is required if a user creates probes from iSPI QA UI (not on a router). Other than that (see also previous comments) it is not required.

Best regards,

Sergey Pankratov
NNMi Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.