Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

behaviour of actions of correlated events in particular Aggregator Link Degraded

Hi Experts,

We ve got some cisco sw c2920 stack. HSRP groups work and the correlation engine works wonders setting only one aggregatorlinkdegraded event as cause and the rest to be symptoms BUT when events are received in console ACTIONS are generated for all events (btw 'close' actions of symptoms are not executed but we already solved that). Action here means generating a ticket in a system, but only for 1 event (root cause) and symptoms shouldn't.  I tried using $nat to ignore symptoms but only receive ROOTCAUSE

Any ideas??? 

thanks and best regards

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: behaviour of actions of correlated events in particular Aggregator Link Degraded

Hi Mario,

I am not sure I fully understand your problem.  But are you saying that you are suppressing the actions on incidents that have a $nat value of SYMPTOM but then you only see actions running for ROOTCAUSE incidents?  

There is a property in the nms-jboss.properties file :

# The following property defines if actions should be run for Management Events that are Secondary Root Cause in Nature.
#!com.hp.nnm.events.action.runActionOnSecRootCauseMgmtEvent=false

If you want secondary root cause incidents to run an action then uncomment this entry, change it to be true and then restart NNMi.

If this is not your issue and want to follow this up can you please restate the problem.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.