Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cisco lms traps not seen in HP NNM9i

hi, we have integrated nnm9.11 with cisco LMS 4.0

we are not able to see any traps from LMS forwarded to HP NNM9i.

Is this a routine behaviour, as i saw in one of the LMS documentation as "LMS forwards all its traps as V1 traps"

anyone can give me some idea what the integration is about and how it works.

DVN

0 Likes
3 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi,

NNMi <-> LMS integration will allow you to receive traps from LMS in NNMi and will add actions to NNMi to access to the LMS.

If you don't receive traps in NNMi, do they reach the server ?

Best regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, they do reach the server .

we have generated some v3 traps, the same can be seen in LMS but not in NNM9i.

Using wireshark on NNM9i server we verified, they are reaching NNM server but not reaching the application.

0 Likes

so , you need to check the Trapconf file , if they are being blocked to appaer on the console or not .

know the blocked traps

#nnmtrapconfig.ovpl -dumpBlockList

#nnmtrapdump.ovpl -u system -p mypassword > /tmp/trapdump.txt

HOw to know the Number of SNMP traps from anode

#nnmtrapdump.ovpl > /tmp/trapdump.txt

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.