Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

ciscoIPSSSM10 Monitoring in NNMi 10 Device does not support way of collecting data

Dear All,

We have discovered the ciscoIPSSSM10 device as SNMP node in NMi 10.

However when we say config poll of the device, it says below,

Does that mean , NNMi does not support this device and I will need to upload MIBs in order to poll the required parameters like interface util, etc from the device??

As I belive Inferface util comes on IfMIB which should be polled by default.

Please confirm.

Configuration Poll of 172.*.*.*
Using timeout of 600 seconds.
Connecting to server for configuration poll.

3/1/17 9:54:01 AM  **** Starting configuration poll of node eLMS-IPS01-A(dec041c5-1ef0-4677-b802-8cb4c2ac9aad) ****

3/1/17 9:54:02 AM  Supports SNMP V2C

3/1/17 9:54:02 AM  Get NodeInfo. Found entries:1

3/1/17 9:54:12 AM  Get NodeCapabilities retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

3/1/17 9:54:12 AM  Get SnmpContext retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

3/1/17 9:54:22 AM  Get MigratableAddresses retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

3/1/17 9:54:22 AM  Get Addresses retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

3/1/17 9:54:22 AM  Get Ipv6Addresses retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

3/1/17 9:54:22 AM  Get AnycastIPAddress retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: ciscoIPSSSM10 Monitoring in NNMi 10 Device does not support way of collecting data

Just check the MIB support for that device.   Node inventory, select the node, Actions Mib information list supported mibs

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ciscoIPSSSM10 Monitoring in NNMi 10 Device does not support way of collecting data

Hi Kemp,

Thank you for your response.

I checked with support and they said device is supported but I need to upload MIB.

I am unable to find the MIB for this device on Cisco site also.

Can somebody help with the MIB file of the device please.

Regards,

Hanumant

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.